Warwickshiresheds.co.uk Cookies Policy
What are Cookies?
- A "cookie" is a text file which contains small amounts of information which a server downloads to your personal computer or mobile when you visit a website. The server then sends a cookie back to the originating website each time you subsequently visit it, or if you visit another website which recognises that cookie.
- There are different types of cookies which are used to do different things, such as letting you navigate between different pages on a website efficiently, remembering preferences you have given to a website, and improving your overall experience. Others are used to provide you with advertising which is more tailored to your interests, or to measure the number of sites visits and the most popular pages users visit.
- Some cookies are allocated to your PC only for the duration of your visit to a website, and these are called session based cookies. These automatically expire when you close down your browser.
- Another type of cookie known as persistent. These cookies would remain on your PC for a period of time.
- If you want to know more about cookies please go to www.allaboutcookies.org which explains how cookies work and how you are able to manage their use.
- However, disabling your cookies may prevent us from delivering some or all of our online services to you.
How do you Disable Cookies
- All types of cookies can be removed from your PC but there may be some deterioration in the service you receive.
- Your Browser lets you choose whether or not to
accept or to be warned before accepting cookies. These settings
can be found in the advanced preferences.
- In Internet Explorer 9 select: Tools Menu / Internet Options / Privacy
- In Chrome select: Preferences / Settings / Advanced
- In Safari select: Preferences / Privacy
- In Firefox select: Tools Menu / Options / Privacy / Cookies
Third Party Sites
- The types of cookies they use and how they
use the information generated by them will be governed by their
own privacy policies and not ours.